Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Eternal Weaver

God is big. He is bigger than big. He is MASSIVE. A lot of the time I try to control my life - my thoughts, my actions, my plans, my time, my desires, everything. But it all inevitably boils down to nothing. I'm just a simple human - God is the Creator and King of the world. So why do I always think that I can do it better than Him?
I think that most of the time we're scared. Scared that God's going to tell us something we don't want to hear. Afraid that He's going to turn our lives into something we don't expect and don't necessarily want. But that's where we have to learn to trust. If we place our own expectations on ourselves, if nothing then falls into place, we become discouraged and lose sight of our true purpose. But if we leave it up to God, we are opening our hearts and minds to what He wants us to do, and it's always so much better than what we could ever do in our own strength.
Once we make a decision to give our entire lives - our thoughts, actions, future and desires - to God, He begins to strip us off, layer by layer, until we are just a core. It's painful and scary, but eventually we turn into a lump of clay in His hands, and we are finally allowing Him to mould us into the creation He intends us to be, by His pattern and His design. Rather than being threaded with the frayed cotton of earthly things, we are being woven with the golden thread of God's love and knitted with the wool of His faithfulness. And that is where we truly begin to grow. The challenge in doing that is all the things that will hinder our path. And the way we work through those obstacles?
Simple: prayer.

1 comment:

  1. SO True God is big and with a little trust and a little courage God does amazing things through us.

    ReplyDelete